The graveyard adjacent to St. Tida's Church has been in use at least as far back as the early 1700's according to our records. It is the graveyard used predominately, but not exclusively, by the local protestant community. Originally these would all have been St Tida's church members. Then other denominations such as the Presbyterians, the Baptists, etc. became locally established. These people who would have had some links with St. Tida's, would have been able consequently to purchase family and single plots.
This practice continued until recently when the available space has been almost completely exhausted.
There is an interestingly inscribed vault formerly used by the Downing family, located near the pathway to the church.
There are gravestones and memorials here which relate to:
Visitors are welcome to look around the graveyard at any time - Just remember to maintain the normal codes of conduct and decorum whilst therein.
**No Burials or work of any kind whatsoever to monuments or grave surrounds is permitted without prior consent of the